Sunday, February 18, 2024

Wrestlemania

 Surprising no one, it is official, I am back in cold protocol.  Actually, I don't feel too badly, just a runny nose, occasional chill, and annoying cough.  I would like to say I laid low today, but... the usual Mass and gym, followed by a trip home, where I completed the budget and some action items for a future OC meeting.  Joy.  Then a contractor arrived at 2.  He was actually quite thorough -- looked downstairs, examined the pipes and the electrical, that sort of thing... but five minutes later knocked on my door; he took out the mailbox while leaving my driveway (surprised he wasn't stuck) and did a thorough job of it. He said he would be over tomorrow to fix it... let's hope.  That should NOT affect by review of his bid.

I also went to one of my friends' son's bday party.  The boy is 7 and has ADHD, and, well, you could tell, as about half of the time the child was wrestling with me... I guess a catastrophe was avoided as no one went through the window or TV screen.  My shoulders and rotator cuff, not so much!  At least they loved the brownies I made; the usual ones but with the chips normally used for red velvet cookies.  (Normally, we used chocolate.)  Everyone seemed to like them, and while the chips were a little more likely to singe -- I had to watch them like Argus -- they were polished off with alacrity.  Bully for Mattie, who still has it in the kitchen, obviously.

Hunter Biden’s First Nepotism Job - POLITICO
This could be me, but this is the sort of stuff that should annoy everyone; this is the sort of stuff the US was founded for to avoid, and the fact that it is happening here...  I mean, yes, everyone does it, but that is even worse... I suspect GOPers are making less hay of this than they should because of these ties...

And, on cue, Jake Diebler and those scrappy, underdog tOSU Buckeyes upset #2 Purdue.  My not-so-secret plan to cause a bed-shitting in Columbus passed its first and glorious test.  I certainly appreciated the embrace between Diebler and Gene Smith, though I couldn't help but think it was the kiss between the mob boss and the soon-to-be-whacked capo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home