Monday, February 26, 2024

Upset Special

 The plan tonight was to plow through stuff, and it is sort of accomplished... there are a few things I want to do tonight, but I had also wanted to hit the hay earlier as well.  Tomorrow is another day, I guess...

I had a trip to the OC today -- we got a good deal on hot meal supplies, so there I was handling that -- and I discovered that we get deliveries of CFA leftovers every two weeks...and it basically fills a freezer each time.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if the hot meal people do not use it for their dinner... it piles up, unless we give it away.  No one, or very few people, of course, knew how much there was, how often it comes, etc., until today...when I told everyone.   I mean, this is fine, but... I wish people would tell us this stuff and not just assume that we know.  Hmmm...

Dr. Phil Schools The View Ladies On How Covid Lockdowns Harmed Sc (outkick.com)
This is... sad but good.  I mean, if it takes Dr. Phil to talk some sense into these ladies... this is indicative of a different problem, though.  No one was ever punished for these poor decisions, no one has really suffered any loss of reputation, or career, etc... let's not even discuss the whole letting kids get run into sex trafficking rings and such, either.  For all of the talk of the President complaining that the bipartisan border bill could solve this... the fact of the matter is that there are things he could do without engaging Congress at all...I think the man would have a bit more credibility with Republicans -- or the public on the border -- if he was seen as actually doing something.

I cleaned the upstairs bathroom today (and did laundry, not that I didn't do anything) and now I am leery of actually using said bathroom.  I guess this problem with take care of itself in a few days, but for now I will be getting extra steps in by running up and down the stairs even time I want to drop a bomb, or something.

Crazy stuff in the TOC tonight, and Cris Pannullo -- the odds-on favorite to win the thing -- fell hard in the first round.  Losing out on Daily Doubles -- credit to Jared Watson for making big wagers -- didn't help, but... I and everyone else in the US was surprised by this one.  Definitely a St. Peter's over UK moment (many of you Jesus-haters would use Lehigh or Mercer as an example) but it is why people love the Tournament... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home