Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Wrestling

 Yesterday I just was tired and crashed... I felt it hard and that was that.  It actually felt good; I wouldn't say that I got 8 hours of sleep, but I got 7... I need to do more of that, obviously.  Not only will I never get rid of this cold, but I will feel better -- livelier, more energetic -- if I can get some rest.

Confession day in the Diocese today; I went to St. Charles in Parma (on the way to the gym) and it was... fine?  I am sure that I have been inside the place, but it has been decades.  Pretty there; not St. Stan's nice, of course, but quite contemplative.  Of course, at the gym my car key broke off the holder (the plastic seems to fall apart) and there was a string of obscenities, so I should have gone right back... I also left my CGM in the truck, so... it was a disaster all around.  

Kyle Filipowski Defies The Odds, Starts For Duke Against Louisvil (outkick.com)
Yeah, that was my thought exactly.  I mean, if he is that badly hurt, why not rest him against a sub-par Louisville team?  I don't doubt that he tweaked his knee, but... if we can't win without him against a crappy team... what are we going to do against UNC or some tough team in the Tournament?  Or... just have a hissy fit about the court storm and move on.  Oi.

I guess I am beginning to stress out about this bathroom renovation; most of the bids I have gotten involve ME buying most of the stuff and them installing it, and... I guess I feel that if I am getting a contractor, it is their job to handle that sort of thing; I know a couple of people who had to handle the ordering and such, and.... it didn't go well.  I am more than tempted to start again and start emailing and soliciting bids again.  Ugh.  This is actually worse than dating, and that is something for me, as I am... inept at dating to begin with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home