Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Foodie-ism

 I've been talking about doing a restaurant visit for a while, and so tonight after work I did one -- Taki's Greek Kitchen in Avon Lake.  The computer said it was three miles from my work, and it was on my list of places for "the best Greek food in Ohio."  So...off I went.  And it was... good?  I walked in and I was the youngest person there (save for the hostess), which -- given my advanced age -- is a problem.  Service was slow in getting to me, but efficient when I finally got served.  They start with pita bread -- hot off the oven, obviously, but the green pepper hummus spread was... meh.  As it was a Greek place, I went with the braised lamb shank.  It came fairly quickly and was hot... not spicy but hot in terms of temperature; I could barely get it down for a bit.  But... it was good!  I am not sure it was $40 good, but... it was a cut above.  Also... going to Avon Lake...just as built up as Avon.  I can see why people live out there; nice homes, all of the comforts of suburbia, few Hope and Changers...

Nikki Haley "suspended" her campaign today; I told a couple of progressive friends that this would happen, and it did.  I am not sure she had a path anyways, and without a few wins, and she was doing was wasting time and money.  Alas.  I am still a bit surprised by the hold the Donald has on the GOP electorate; there are some things that surprise me, like the creepiness and the felonies, but he also speaks to a lot of what we in the GOP now believe, and he has been the only candidate to speak to these things.  Can he beat Biden?  I don't know; the polls now say yes, but that is... now.  Wonder how the SOTU will go... the timing is certainly odd, to say the least.

Went to bed early last night, but had trouble falling asleep and then woke up early, so... oi.  I am going to try it again today and hit the hay soon, and maybe if I can get into a rhythm, I can actually get some rest tonight.  Not bloody likely, as we say in the Fun Run Bunch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home