Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Not-So-Super

 Super Tuesday, and while I guess I am not surprised that Trump is winning all...I mean, I prefer the idea of multiple candidates still around and vying for votes across the country, or at least part of it...the main thing, I guess now, is whether or not Haley will drop out, or keep going.  I am not sure why she is carrying on, save for vanity or a future run, but... will she last until Ohio?  I will guess no, but...why not?  If she has the cash... in the meantime, I am wondering as to the effect of the anti-Moreno ads running.  He has to put up some new ones.  I think Dolan will still fall short, but...maybe we can get a visit from the Donald to help seal the deal.

An Only-Child Boom Is Beginning. It Gets Complicated When Mom and Dad Age. - WSJ

I read this and I felt immense sympathy... I am not an only child, but I know plenty, and... I feel their pain.  In some ways, I was an only child...but at least my sister and I get along very well, and, mercifully, my Mom didn't really require serious care until the last few months.  But... this is a problem.  On the other hand...as I have often said, modern science and medicine has figured out how to keep people alive, but they didn't figure out how to teach people to live.  Affording retirement, caring for yourself, that sort of thing... I think a lot of people just never planned for this, and this is the result.

What does it take to convert office buildings into housing? - Marketplace
This is... quite good, and more people should read it.  I guess in my first career -- where I studied this stuff for a living -- I was familiar with the issues, but, as we all know, most people are just not.  Alas.

Sinema is NOT running for re-election... did it ever occur to anyone that maybe she read the writing on the wall and realized she can't win?  I guess if I was Kari Lake I would be concerned; I would have thought she could easily have won a three-way race -- Gallego and Sinema would split the left and center-left vote -- but I think she will have a harder track to get it done now.  To be sure, the race will be determined by the national trends, and if Biden wins AZ, Lake will lose.  It is that simple, for better or worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home