Friday, March 15, 2024

The Madness

 Is it me, or is Duke not going well?  I mean, yes, I think they should be 32-0, but the last two losses... not very good.  Listless, lack of passion, what?  I realize that yes, NCSt is playing for its tournament life, and yes, everyone plays up for Duke, but...they really should have handled that team with ease, and instead...meh.  Most depressing, and it does not bode well for the NCAA Tournament.  I didn't get a vibe like that of Kansas -- conceding the tournament to get healthy for next week -- which I would have understood.  Not sure what is going on.  But it is concerning.

Did a gym double today, and it was glorious.  Couldn't lift -- people were on the racks -- but I did legs in the AM and a nice back/shoulder mix this evening.  It felt wonderful and I need to do it more!  Even did some reading tonight, which is good.  I finished book 8 -- a biography of Revolutionary War general Daniel Morgan -- a couple of days ago -- and am trying to finish the next one, a 500-pager about the shift in global power from the Uk to the US.  Interesting; the author's point is that it wasn't a straight decline; rather, the US expected the UK to run many things, and the reverse was true, and everyone wanted to do it on the cheap (with the other side picking up the tab).  It is a bit dense, but...informative.  Not sure I can finish tomorrow, but...

I went to St. Stephen's on West 57th tonight for dinner; it was quite good, actually.  The fish wasn't dry (you would be surprised) and moderately flavored, the cabbage and noodles decently flavored (shredded carrots in the mix).  Indeed, they were quite... potent later on, if you get my drift; not a lot of living insects in the car/house.  And you got a decent amount of for $12; it seems the Bidenomics has not hit here yet.  

Contractor visit today; very comprehensive -- it was the guy I originally wanted -- and I am guardedly optimistic.  To be sure, there is the cost and the time, but... he seemed to hit the main points (redoing things, pulling permits, budgeting where appropriate, etc.).  In some ways I should have just walked in the place a few weeks ago, but...

Not only is the list of bookmarks saved lengthy, I need to start going through some movies and shows I have wanting to watch; hell, I have yet to get through the archived J! episodes from this week.  Most depressing, though on the other hand, another evening of exciting hoops action... well, stuff is just not going to get watched for a bit, is it now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home