Saturday, March 16, 2024

Craziness!

 Crazy day of hoops action!  Akron-KSU was insane...more seriously, wouldn't Enrique Freeman look good as a Duke graduate transfer?  Too much toughness, I suspect, to be seriously considered, but when I look at role players they bring in... not sure what you lose here.  In the meantime, #1 seeds going down, Temple forcing UAB out (stealing a bid!), NC State in, Brown expelling Princeton (Sweet Sixteen last year, remember?), and the fired Dan Monson going to the Dance anyways.  Awesome.  And, Jake Diebler will keep the tOSU gig, which I suspect is the right decision.

Early day today; I pinch-hit at the OC today, as the co-manager was ill and I had offered to help...so I did.  Honestly, it was...surprisingly slow.  The count was 106, and after the AM strafe (and a usual late rush) we mainly had dribbles the rest of the shift.  Odd, as the weather was good.  We did empty two clothes racks and then some, and cleaned out the produce, but... I expected more.  Hunger Network sent a helpful volunteer -- wanted to use the computer -- and the clients were mostly friendly.  I mean, servant leadership is what we do, and... there are worse ways to spend a Saturday (even if I had planned to do other things).  

The Fani Willis thing....a lot of people on my side think she should have had the book thrown at her, and while I do not disagree... I also see the point of letting her stay on, as it would be an equally political decision to throw her out.  I sort of like this; force her lieutenant off, remind everyone of what a clusterhump the case has become, and.... let the thing twist slowly in the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home