Sunday, March 24, 2024

Victory!

Duke -- both the men and the women -- made the Sweet Sixteen today.  The men... well, the Brotherhood really put the stones to the Dukes.  I am not sure that the torrid shooting is sustainable, but... I will take it as it comes.  The defense was quite solid, too -- forcing turnovers, shutting down the outside game, and scoring off said turnovers.  I will paint my nails -- a la McCain -- if Duke wins out!  The ladies -- down 15 to tOSU -- came from behind and scored a big win in Cbus, which might be the more impressive win (given strength of schedule, if you will).  The games today have been fairly good as well,. with Bama-GCU being competitive til the last minute.  The SEC has NOT had a good tourney, while the ACC has four teams in the Sweet Sixteen.  And UVa.

LSU Coach Kim Mulkey Fires Away Again, Calls Washington Post Writer 'Sleazy' (outkick.com)
I really can't wait to read this article; it has to be good, otherwise she would not be going pre-postal.  As it is Kim Mulkey, it could be anything...  some scandal from Baylor?  Criticisms of her spending habits?  Something else?  Crapping on her again about the Britney Griner situation?  I mean, the woman is... different.  No one doubts her success (for now) but she does have this way of doing things...

Palm Sunday today; Lent is almost over, hard to believe.  Small crowd at Mass, I thought, though it seems people are creeping to the back of church (odd).  I heard some parishes were rationing palms, but we did not, though they did have a sign out warning us that the palms had not yet been consecrated.  I waited til they were... this reminded me that I have a couple of years of palms I need to turn in...

I tried to go to St. Vitus for their Palm Sunday dinner; I mean, I went, but forgot to pre-buy tickets, and they were all sold out... on the one hand, I get that, on the other... well, cash is cash, and we all know how I feel about not making money.  Better news... I have befriended a Polish lady from church -- largely homebound -- and she is back home after a stint in the hospital and rehab.  I visited with her a bit -- took her Communion, a consecrated palm, a welcome home present, and we just chatted and caught up.  I could tell she had a good therapy plan -- she is older than my Mom and can really move; I had to warn her to NOT go too far from the walker, which was... nice.  I wish my Mom had been more mobile...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home