Wednesday, March 27, 2024

I bombed Korea!

 I did some culinary tourism today and went to Mochinut, a Korean corn dog restaurant in Westlake.  It was... interesting.  It's definitely fast casual in vibe; they have corn dogs with a variety of coatings (flaming hot Cheetos, ramen, cereal, etc.) and fillings (mozzarella cheese, mix), as well as donuts (Korean-style) and boba tea.  It was... good not great?  I mean, I liked it; I had a cereal-coated dog and a ramen-coated one.  The latter was better than the former though ramen would be tastier than bran flakes.  The donut was also good -- lemon cheesecake -- and quite sticky.  That said, the dogs took a while to cook...they said it would take a while, but...it took a bit.  I know I skimp on lunch and am ravenous at dinner, but..  Also, it was a bit heavy on my stomach -- been feeling it all night.  Not that I eat like that all the time, but... maybe, of course, I should.  :)

In the meantime, this is the last "normal" night for a while; tomorrow is Holy Thursday, then Good Friday, Holy Saturday (my streak of NOT attending Mass that night will remain intact, ha!), and then Easter.  Yay!  At least the weather should be improving, as this is my favorite holiday of the year.  Duke plays on Good Friday, which might be a challenge to my sense of holiness, especially if things go... poorly.

Is There Something More Radical than MAGA? J.D. Vance Is Dreaming It. - POLITICO
A bit long but good.  You know, there is much here to like -- the idea that we need to re-position our party, that both sides have profited from the decline of the average American, that we need a fundamental re-think of many things...funny, of course, how they portray this as... bad?  Awful?  Revolutionary, in a wrong sense, which it is -- to the people who have brought us to where we are now.

Biden’s New Math: 25% = 100% So Free Lunch for Everybody – MishTalk
This could be me, but considering the number games schools do to manipulate the counts for, say, athletic divisions... I can only imagine what will happen once people realize there is actual money involved.  Left unsaid, of course, is the idea that people should be able to feed their own kids lunch most of the time... this would actually be a GOP talking point, that Bidenomics has left us that parents can't even send their kids to school with a peanut butter sandwich...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home