Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Linx

 I had a charley horse again last night, but today it was much better.  One of my friends suggested to me -- his wife is in the medical profession, so I gave it some credence -- that I try to walk around more at work (easy to do, and prolly better for me) and that I take some vitamin C during the day -- not only for the energy but it would help with the muscles.  And it worked, mostly; felt a couple of twitches but that was about it.  I suspect if I got a full night of sleep and drank just water... alas.  I was productive today -- had a meeting, hit the gym (shoulders and back), and then did some much-needed laundry.  Also made some fresh green beans (I love them, easy to cook, and healthy) and baked some potatoes -- they were on sale and we all know how I love to economize...  Funny, I had planned to do more, but here it is, 11 PM, and...alas. 

NIT selection changes not popular with mid-majors, or many favored Power Six conference programs (msn.com)
I saved this a few days ago, and forgot about it until now... I do find that the most humorous part of this, that all of these changes were made to put more larger schools (sell more tickets, more viewers) into the NIT, and lo and behold... it didn't work.  I have not watched any of the games this year -- a boycott, if you will -- and I wonder if others are joining me.  If the ratings are down and such this year... well, that would be vastly amusing to me.

JD Vance's VP prospects could rise after he helped deliver Trump a big Ohio win (nbcnews.com)
Um...good?  I mean, I think he has a lot going for him -- young, smart, good presence, that sort of thing.  I think Trump would be wise to pick him -- the idea of him and Kamala Harris debating makes me chuckle -- but I can see him not wanting to pick a white guy from a non-battleground state.  Alas.

The True Cost of the Churchgoing Bust (msn.com)
Interesting... but, reading this, I kept recalling a comment made by the Mizzou coach when the Big XII imploded (at first) and that the KU-Mizzou series ended, and while everyone was saying how sad it was, he noted that you don't get to sleep with your ex-wife once you get divorced... and I feel the same way about this.  You don't have to be religious or involved in a faith tradition, but then you can't complain about being alone and isolated... I mean, I always laugh -- on the one hand, I am too busy with church stuff. but I have certainly made friends and have a sense of belonging...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home