Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Seeing is Believing

 Cut the grass today; really didn't want to, but seeing the perfect weather, the upcoming weather report, and hearing my neighbors cutting...well, I decided to do some adulting and cut it as well.  I forgot to charge the weed-whacker battery, so that will remain undone, but at the very least the yard is cut.  The engine fired up right away (a good sign) and there were no issues at all with the cutting; indeed, it went fairly well, though I went the wrong way a few times.  I need to figure the best way to do it instead of roaming about!

Had an eye doctor today; drove out to the East Side (she is by Beachwood Place) and, as always, I did NOT miss the East Side; not saying that West Side driving is much better, but on the aggregate, the East Siders... whoa.  More importantly, my vision is fine -- I didn't think it was 20/20 with the glasses, but it was, and I was even told that at 20/20, it is not necessarily perfect, which blew my mind.  I got a new prescription anyways -- a slight change if I want -- but that was that.  Phew!  Then back home to work, where I had two meetings and received another project.  Oi!  I guess it was good to destroy some lawn; that good feeling lasted until J!, where I completely blew an easy Final.  Oi.  I was not pleased by this development.  Old age and mental decline, I sense.

What is the Best Way to Help Israel and Ukraine? – MishTalk
I don't know; while I see the point of not wanting the Speaker to rely on Democratic votes to get things done, he wouldn't have to if the GOP was united on anything, and the fact that we are out is our problem, and a colossally easy one to solve (I would think).  But, as long as the inmates try to run the asylum, we will have this problem, and hence the need for bipartisanship.  In the meantime, I need not remind everyone that many bills have been passed this way; I always recall the example of the Compromise of 1850 and, for that matter, the Kansas-Nebraska Act (I am a Civil War guy).

They criticized Israel. This Twitter account upended their lives. (msn.com)
I would feel badly, but if this is what lefties believe -- going after people for whatever the post, act, and believe -- they really can't complain about it being done to them.

Broadview Heights residents storm council meeting to oppose Pride Fest on city property - cleveland.com
Had I known about this, I would have gone!  I wonder... I think we lean a bit to the right out here, but not that much, so will these people rush to the polls the next time and vote these people out?  I doubt it, but if that is what it takes to get some shakeup on City Council.... fine with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home