Friday, April 05, 2024

Fascination

 While the first game went as expected -- South Carolina pulling away -- the second one was much closer (which I also think was expected) and quite exciting.  It was impressive, watching UCONN put out a lead early and then the Hawkeyes came back.  The ending...well, it was exciting, but also... well, better basketball it was not.  I think that is one difference between the men's and the women's games; the men tend to have more buzzer beaters and such, whereas in the women's game...well, there are a lot of bad shots.  Odd.

This could be me, but I am...surprisingly calm about the eclipse.  Maybe because I have some cash on hand, plenty of grub, that sort of thing.  I saw a bunch of places with signs saying that they are closed for the eclipse; our company is off but as it is a Monday and I can work from home...we will be doing so, which is fine.  In retrospect I should have offered one of my three couches as a place for visitors.  Alas, such an opportunity for revenue enhancement...

This School Didn’t Want Caitlin Clark. Now It Has to Face Her. - WSJ
This could be me, but I am not exactly sure what Geno did wrong here.  Ok, picking Paige over Caitlin might have been an error, but -- not recruiting a player when he thinks he has a better one -- is... fair to both?  Why have a player come and not play?  Maybe he could have put together a two-guard offense, but... I think that getting the players he wanted is highly commendable.

What Liberals Get Wrong About ‘White Rural Rage’ — Almost Everything - POLITICO
Don't get liberals everything wrong about everything?  :)  I got a kick out of this, the article author refuting the work of the authors of the book using their own arguments and data, God forbid...  if people think they are getting a raw deal they will go elsewhere, that hardly seems like a complex concept...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home