Sunday, May 19, 2024

A Modicum of Success

 So, the final part of my weekend triumvirate happened today:  the Cuyahoga East District Mass and Communion Brunch.  I skipped Mass to set up for brunch, but...servant leadership, as they say.  More seriously, I think it went well!  People seemed to like it -- the food, the get together, and some of the issues we discussed at the meeting that happened anyways.  Attendance was 30, wished we could have had more, and people sat by parishes -- we need to break them up -- but it was good!  We did discuss some things and I gleaned a few ideas I need to work on, always important.  I even took leftover food to the Polish lady I take Communion to (a decent touch).  Cleanup and set up were easy, mostly, and if we can keep this up... phew.  

Funny, after Communion taking I did a couple of errands and then -- because it was so nice out -- I cut the grass, which was quite overdo; should have weed-whacked but I was tired, as I was out and about all weekend (my sister, of course, mocked me for this, correctly, but it needed to be done).  I didn't really nap, though (a brief crash notwithstanding) I was a bit draggy for the afternoon.  I picked up as the evening wore along and of course now I cannot sleep.  Alas.  Amusing.

Interesting news out of Iran, and many are wondering if the Israelis had something to do with it, though flying around in a chopper in a fog in a mountainous area is asking for trouble.  Not that this happened to a more deserving person...

I guess the other downside of this busy weekend is that all of the stuff I wanted to do -- clean bathroom, laundry, vacuum, fill out budget, etc., was not done; hell, I forgot about the OC budget and our May report fill out for the Hunger Network.  There is no real why I should not have done this stuff, just sloth.   Alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home