Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Unexpectedness

Long day today; worked late to get a grip on one of the projects (which underwent further revision, albeit somewhat more clarification), and then had to rush to the OC, as someone had left toys in the storage room (the fallout shelter!) for the Hot Meal.  So I made sure I went over there and salvaged them -- four boxes of games and such, nothing too exciting, but new, unopened, and available.  Might come in handy Saturday.  I made an unpleasant discovery; I heard a rattling, and something was in one of the traps in the food storage room.  I mean, it is good that we caught the thing, but after four months... well, to have a visitor was NOT pleasant.  I did write the exterminator to come and lay more traps; I guess I need to find more holes to fill, though the gaps in the garage door -- which we cannot fix, save for installing a new one -- could be big enough for a critter to enter through.  Sigh.  I may buy some as well, just to expand our coverage and get rid of them; like Democrats, you have to eradicate at first glance or else... you're stuck with them.

I must admit I am vastly surprised by the continuing contretemps in Broadview Heights; this could be me, but if you have tell people -- with great hullaballoo -- that you are inclusive, you really aren't, are you?  I would love to see new leadership in the city, and if this is what brings it about...well, I am going to be almost sad.

When I got home tonight it was the usual -- emails, paperwork, and follow-ups, accompanied by the PBS special (as a Republican, I feel somewhat dirty watching it, but if I can do it for "Downton," I can do it for something educational) about Pompeii, which was quite interesting -- hard to believe there is so much of the city yet to be excavated, and the interesting (and sad) things they keep finding in what they do excavate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home