Monday, May 13, 2024

Hot Meal Fun

 Well, that was a mostly exciting game, aside from the part about the Cavs not winning.  Funny; I barely watched the team during the season, and now...playoffs baby, I guess.  I was actually only home for the second half, as I was graciously invited to the quarterly Hot Meal meeting.  I am not sure that I was needed at the meeting, though it was good to see who was involved (some of our parishes are hot meal only, and some have different people involved in food bank operations), and they got to see me.  I told them about the other hot meals parishes/pagan churches on, and how we have similar issues -- rising costs, rising demand, etc.  This could be me, but a lot of our clients... well, the sense of entitlement is a bit much; I think fourths and tupperware containers for extra food is... well, right out.  At least we can afford what we are doing... for now.

A “Restaurant Apocalypse” Is Starting To Sweep Across America, And That Is Really Bad News For The U.S. Economy (substack.com)
Dare I say a bit of nuance is required?  I think a lot of people are doing well; if your house is paid off and you are working you are in great shape!  If you are working and have minimal debt (like me) you are ok; you notice costs and can deal with them, even if you are frugal (like me) and can reduce your exposure.  But for the bottom third, of course, this is something you cannot avoid...now, of course, most of these people voted for Biden, and they are getting it, and deserve it, but they will also keep voting for Biden, and.... alas.

Opinion: With Biden versus Trump, Catholic voters face a spiritual crossroads (msn.com)
This could be me, but when you have a Catholic president who says he is a Catholic, but never seems to endorse any doctrines or Church teachings...well, there might be some people who reasonably conclude he isn't actually Catholic, or a Catholic in name only, and thus that is something of an anathema, thank you very much.

CBS's Robert Costa Begs Bill Maher to Stop Mocking Lefties, Just Hit Republicans (newsbusters.org)
First thing I noted when I saw the headline is that he used to write for National Review, and was a good one, too... and now...alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home