Wednesday, May 01, 2024

Transitions

Had our quarterly District Presidents meeting today for SVDP, and it was... good.  I had a full page of notes, and I just finished all of the followups related to them.  Didn't exactly solve some things -- leadership changes in the District, need to add parishes and members -- but I got some ideas as to how to proceed.  Our CEO is retiring in a week -- no replacement yet -- and our President is term-limited out in September, and we selected his replacement.  This is all fine, but we all know how I love change.  I suggested the President should accept the resignation of the District Presidents so he could choose his leadership team, which everyone was amused by.  Afterwards we chatted and I got some more ideas...

The Jeopardy! Masters tournament started today... the first game the questions were impressively difficult; the second, a bit easier, a bit less pop culture, and my score was higher...I mean, it should be harder, but when I am not getting as many correct, it is very, very sad.  At least I can get through the pile of old puzzle books from my mother... 

Biden’s Electoral College Challenge (msn.com)
Interesting analysis; I think this could change if his polling improves, but will it?  Gas prices and inflation are one thing, and the student protests should have a positive impression on the nascent GOP electorate, which appeals to the "poorly educated."  On the other hand, Trump can't get out from in front of himself, and the abortion question is something we have not resolved...  I will admit I am bemused by the MTG issue; it appears her machinations may save Speaker Johnson, and it seems to me she should have been primaried at the first opportunity...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home