Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Bemusement

Tonight was the monthly dinner with my sister -- my choice, my treat.  I selected King Wah in River -- actually, I gave my sister a choice of three and she selected the one that had the least adventuresome selection.  As one of my church friends pointed out, the place has both Chinese-American and order-from-the-picture menu fare, and that was good enough for her.  It was quite good, and, as we noted, they didn't skimp on the portions (in this era of Bidenomics, one notices).  We discussed many things -- her impending retirement, my brother-in-law and his lack of business sense (or, as I say, extremely old-fashioned business sense), Church stuff, food pantry stuff, and the fact that I need to start getting my affairs in order.  Not only do I need a will, but there are things I should be buying and upgrading, and there is no reason not to do it now...

I have to admit, Joe Biden certainly put on a show today, with the Ron Burgundy moment and then crossing himself before addressing some pro-infanticide affair.   Really, the next priest who gives him Communion should be laicized on the spot.   Again, this could be me, but every GOPer should be asking every Dem (and those who claim to be Catholic) about these things.  They won't, of course, but...

Laptop (in theory) returns tomorrow and it will be nice to have it back; a sense of normalcy.  I mean, there are files to update on the book list, OC budget stuff to complete, emails to finish; not that I have not survived with the old Pebble one, but it is not quite the same, and of course I remember my career there, and...for a man who is somewhat devoid of sentiment, I can be quite wistful at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home