Sunday, April 28, 2024

Not-So-Lazy Sunday

Mass today was quite nice; on the one hand, plenty of interesting (and snarky gossip), and on the other... well, right when the Eucharist was being elevated prior to Communion, the sun poked through the windows and the place just brightened up.  One of those things that just makes one revel in glory.  Plus, with the warm temperatures...well, I brought out the sandals, and that was wonderful.  Can't wear them to work, but... it certainly felt like summer today.

Managed to pull a gym double, first by going after Mass and then after brunch with some friends.  That felt good, getting my legs stretched out and doing some cardio (and some reading).  I am behind on my reading, and even 30 pages a trip to the gym... well, that is as good as anything.  Mostly.  I was able to do some work on my contract job (very interesting, and I get to keep up with the ag industry) and finally finish transferring all of the files I had saved to the new email...of course, I remembered a bunch more things I forgot to transfer over.  Oi.  This process has been -- to use my new favorite phrase -- worse than dating.

Finished watching "Mr.  Bates Versus the Post Office" on PBS... interesting; I had been following the story off and on, and... as in this country, the people who suffered did so greatly and unnecessarily while those who inflicted it -- or stood by and did nothing while it happened -- got away literally scot free.  That is the problem with government, of course; there are seldom any consequences for shitty behavior.  No one ever takes a hit in the pocketbook or has a stint of ankle-grabbing.  As I so often say, if Republicans had any brains...

Why You Can’t Get a Restaurant Reservation | The New Yorker
On the one hand, he's right; why can't you use an app to pay someone to stand in line.  On the other, now we have this, though, to me...I would just go somewhere else.

How athletes and entertainers like Shohei Ohtani get financially duped by those they trust (aol.com)
This could be me, but if I was making that much money, I wouldn't trust anyone with it...and I would certainly pay closer attention...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home