Saturday, April 27, 2024

Annoyances

 What It'll Take to Create 21st-Century Mammoths, Dodos, and Thylacines (gizmodo.com)
Dare I say that I am not sure this is a great idea?  I guess I am glad they have given some thought to thinking about habitats, foodstuffs, predation, and that sort of thing. I mean, this is a cool idea, and certainly on some level one wants to see extinct creatures brought back, but...many a science fiction story has started with this plot idea and it often ends up poorly for mankind.

Food pantry duty today and while the count was fine -- 116 -- it was certainly interesting.  Mainly steady (not exactly slow) and it was interesting, as we had nearly 30 people who were walk-ups.  It is beginning to get a little chaotic in the front, and as I am one of the co-managers in May, there will be some ordered changes... I bought some spray paint and I will create a lane for them in the vain hope that this will settle things down.  Plus we dawdled leaving and of course people showed up after noon.  So next week we will close promptly AT 12 and I intend for all to be off-site at 12:01.

My CGM alarm just went off -- it said that it is not working and I need to replace it... 8 days premature.  Oi.  It does happen, and they often send replacements, but it is a pain in the ass, and if this one breaks early...of course then you have to bicker with the insurance company as to why you need a new one.  Joy.

My homeowners insurance went up $150!  Yowser!  And, I added a new roof, so one would think that liability issue would be diminished... let's just say that while I have been thinking about having a crack in my windshield repaired... I was thinking of delaying it due to the cost of filing a claim, but now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home