Thursday, April 25, 2024

Back in the saddle

 The laptop is back, stripped down, clean (in every sense of the word), and ready to go.  I am about halfway in transferring stuff; I should be organizing some things slightly better, but... maybe later.   I think all of the important files were saved, and while some stuff I will regret deleting... not that much.  I am still thinking of things I need to update or transfer to the new account... which is not good.  The Geek Squad techs were of the opinion that I didn't necessarily have to get a new laptop; as I am not gaming, but using it for life, I should be ok.  I still might get the upgrade; on the exercise bike today, I was thinking of all the stuff I need to upgrade -- some new pants, a vacuum; all the way to windows and the driveway.  I mean, not going to do them all at once, but...between work and my side hustle, there is some more cash out there, and I should put it to use, inflation be damned.

The economic news today -- lower than expected growth in GDP-- might be the sign that American consumers are stopping their spending, or at least spending less on unimportant things...to be sure, one month is not a pattern, but I am sure for many people they are at or near the breaking point when it comes to expenses.  This, of course, coming from a man creating a spending list!

Minor hiccup on the path of the Communion dinner; namely, what downtown had in mind for a budget seems to be woefully less than the market, so... not sure what we are going to do.  I have an idea, actually that is simple and elegant but could be more trouble than it is worth.  One downside of being employed; tracking down a brunch caterer is one thing if there is nothing on the calendar, but I have plenty of stuff to do besides, like work and all, and now it is just "Sigh."  I will ruminate on it tomorrow in my break time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home