Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Voodoo Tuna

Hard to believe it is May already, well, almost.  It does seem that spring is here, and while I am not fully ruling out snow, I did take my winter jackets to the dry cleaners, so... guarded optimism remains?  Exciting Cavs game tonight, which I was able to follow on my phone.  Hard to believe a playoff game isn't televised; you would think someone in the legislature would be up in arms about this sort of thing.  But no.  Odd.

I had my haircut in Lakewood today and I decided to try Voodoo Tuna; I have literally passed the place 100 times or so, always wanted to try it, and I thought....well, why not today?  And it was... quite good.  The sushi menu is quite extensive but you cannot mix and match (which I would have liked to try a few different things).  I went with a salmon fried rice bowl as a main dish, and it was quite good; I mean, hard to fuck up but not impossible, but it was well done.  Funny; I cook salmon quite a bit, but never get it perfect, while at a restaurant... I wonder if it because mine are usually frozen and at a restaurant you get fresh?  Anyways, my blood sugar was running low so I went with the banana lumpia, which was... good.  Needed a knife but you could smell the banana wafting from it, always impressive.

I get a kick out of the student protestors... this could be generational, but even if my parents had had any sympathy for the Palestinians (and they would not have), they would have been pissed as hell if I decided to go out and cut class, etc., to protest and such.  They would have literally beaten my ass, especially if I was suspended or expelled.  This, of course, leads me to wonder where the hell these students' parents are?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home