Thursday, May 09, 2024

Restlessness

 Last night was not good; I just could not fall asleep.  I went to bed at 12 or so but it was 2 before I fell asleep, and even then it was not fitful, as I got up a few times.  Oi.  I was definitely feeling it today, with some cramps and discomfort, and a general sense of blah during the day -- a couple of extra cups of coffee for sure.  I intend to hit the hay soon, and while I may do a gym double tomorrow... if I sleep in a bit, it will be ok.  This is depressing, as I have a busy weekend and I need the proper and sufficient rest.  Alas.  We march on.

I am fascinated by the drama in the House with MTG and Speaker Johnson.  I find it interesting that Dems are working to save his speakership, one because he did the right thing on Ukraine, and two because he doesn't have the dishonesty of McCarthy (which seems to have affected equally on the left and on the right). It could, of course, be his personal religious views that are driving this -- it certainly hasn't been claimed by any of the articles about him, which doesn't surprise me, given who is writing them.  It is odd.  Of course, as the Dems do not have a majority, and I don't see anyone crossing over to vote for Jeffries, I think he can hold on, at least until the next election.  If we still have the majority then... who knows.

I decided to treat myself after work and went to Slim Chickens; it is a fast casual chain, specializing in fried chicken (tenders, wings) and such.  It was quite good -- decent portions (I will switch out the fries next time for a less heavy side) and I think I got more value for my cash there.  Now, I wouldn't eat there all the time, but... another thing. I was one of three people who ate inside; I counted 14 cars in the drive-thru and three DoorDash types.  I realize the rain -- quite a contrast from yesterday -- might have compelled people to stay inside, but it is a very odd thing to see, even after all these years.

I put the Cavs on late (forgot they were on) and I thought it was a typo; impressive win.  Hearing that the Celtics missed 16 of 17 threes in one stretch reminded me of the Duke offense, where -- whether they felt they were able to make them or not -- they would keep shooting, no matter the score, and usually it ended poorly.  That said, if the Cavs can keep this up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home