Saturday, May 04, 2024

Progress Of A Sort

 I don't know... I wanted to get to 1,800 posts by my birthday, and while I think I can, I need a month of posts, and there is slightly more than a month to my birthday, so... I will need to post pretty much all the time, which I should be doing anyways, of course.

Food pantry duty today, and I was one of the co-managers.  Actually, it went quite well; we had plenty of volunteers and the people were... not so crazy.  The count was 159, so with the exception of two squashes, we gave away ALL of the produce (including some old stuff).  Actually, only about 12 clients took squash; the rest were given to supplement produce bags as we ran short.  All of the bread went, while we went through exactly half of the frozen meat I ordered.  As planned.  While it looked sketchy, we put the clothing racks out, and aside from a few sprinkles, it stayed dry, which was fine, as we gave away plenty of stuff.  This was good, as more is coming.

Even better news; not only did the contractor confirm for the Communion breakfast, but I may have found a partial sponsor, and one of the parishes on the East Side we are trying to get back into the Order called me tonight and they are planning on attending.  Phew!  It would be nice to get them back in, for many reasons, from PR to geography, to say nothing of the Matt desire to add new members.  Course, getting this brunch off would be meritorious enough, sort of.

That was quite the Kentucky Derby; close and exciting race, just what people wanted to see (even if the photo finish took a bit long to call).  The star power I saw was... an interesting mix, I will leave it at that.

I have yet to watch any of the 82 movies I have wanted to, which is a problem, and my reading is also lacking (I did some contract work today -- I have a bathroom to pay for!).  I think I can finish a book and a movie tomorrow, which would be an accomplishment, but not really, given as it is stuff I should be doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home