Thursday, May 16, 2024

Links

 As you can see, it is late, but here we are, blogging away.  I worked a bit late, was graciously asked to help lead a meeting, and then went out with some friends after.  It was fun and nice to get away -- we even saw some kids in prom finery, which was impressive -- but on the other hand now here I am.  I do work from home tomorrow -- plenty to do! -- so I guess it is not a total catastrophe.

The DNC Is Preparing for the Worst in Chicago — Without the Help of the City’s Mayor - POLITICO
Could Democrats be that stupid again and have convention chaos?  Of course!  Will they?  Maybe.  Will it hurt them as much as the CW thinks?  That I am not sure; older people may be turned off but younger people might be enthralled.  I would also note that in most cases people hold their noses and vote anyways (why I am skeptical of the Haley vote going to Biden), so even if there is convention chaos, Dems will come home -- as will the GOP.  There is the independent vote to consider, but that number is decreasing.

Kari Lake keeps giving Republicans new reasons to worry - POLITICO
This could be me, but shouldn't this seat be considered as important as Ohio's?  Gallego is on the air and defining himself; to me, the national GOP and others -- whether they like her or not -- should be countering that.  We might not win in Ohio or Montana or elsewhere, so ALL seats must be considered to be in play.  God forbid we win 5 or 6 seats or something.

Fat people are costing us all billions. It’s time to get tough (msn.com)
I largely agree, and I am not so surprised this is coming from the UK, where they have the NHS and all; it does affect their tax dollars directly, so people in turn are going to be miffed and want to pay less... not that they will want to eat less or get off their duffs.  In the US, of course, our health care bills are often divorced from us and reality, and aside from the general platitudes about health, there is no incentive to drop a few pounds.  Alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home