Monday, May 20, 2024

Survival

Final day of busy weekend was today, and I survived it.  The final one was our quarterly food pantry board meeting, and it was long but fine -- lots to discuss today, from the toy drive (yay), the upcoming re-registry process, mild changes to what we give people out of area/people who come twice a month, the need to find school supplies (oi), the usual.   It was just long, and I had low blood sugar (as I have had all night) I skipped the gym, came home, watched J!, and carried on with some paperwork.  Sigh.  Then of course I got caught up on stuff and now here we are...   At least all of the meetings and such are done, and now I just have work -- busy today and will be the rest of the week.  Phew.  I hate to say this but getting the weed-whacking done today between work and the OC meeting was... well, a smart choice.  Though, of course, it will grow again.  I keep reminding myself that the weekend cannot come soon enough, and there will be very little of having nothing to do, and I intend to do it.  :P

If anyone should be paying slavery reparations, it’s West Africa (msn.com)
This is a bold statement, but quite true, especially of how the Islamic world -- even today -- keeps slavery alive.  Nothing would amuse me more than for someone, somewhere, to bring a suit or make these claims publicly... course, it would have to happen here first, if at all.

Red Lobster Gets Stung By Endless Shrimp - WSJ
Two things.  One, the role of private equity firms in this cannot be stated enough, and no one is ever going to call them out for this or force some sort of changes to how they operate.  I am not sure what changes are to be made -- and that is part of the problem -- but something must be fixed.  Two... you know, for all that people may shit on the place, I have never had a bad meal there; on the contrary, most of the ones I have had were pretty good -- the biscuits, the shrimp, the fish, all properly cooked and delicious.  Bit pricey, but... worth it.  Maybe I should go back...

The real story of Bauhaus and the Nazis | The Spectator
Interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home