Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Death and Resurrection

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billfrezza/2013/07/16/we-are-gathered-here-today-to-witness-the-burial-of-the-protestant-work-ethic/

I think this article is largely correct, but the authors errs in that he assumes that we can do any sort of economic revival without a religious one.  I am suspect, because it is usually the "come to Jesus" moment that impels the intellectual and moral awakening that leads people into re-evaluating everything.  Similarly, the charts don't like; it was when the religiousness of America fell into decline that the two-parent home collapsed, which I believe -- and a raft of statistics underlie -- caused MANY of the social and economic problems that have seeped on to the modern era.  But good luck.

ASG was a little odd last nite; I thought Leyland had a patently stupid explanation for NOT having Rivera pitch the 9th, which gives me hope for the Tribe's chances in the pennant race.  I think -- and this is a contrarian view -- that is MORE possible for Tribe to take a wild card spot, given the weak division, which would enable to pile up Ws against the White Sox, Twins, and Royals while the AL powers duke it out.  Yes, they have better teams, but they also beat each other up.

I dread the electric bill, as I have the AC on now, and quite a bit.  To be sure, it's not 70 in here, and if I am gone the day, I shut it off, but it will still be an unhappy fest when the bill arrives.

Went to Town Hall last nite..good.  Not great, I guess (I have high standards, maybe) and maybe it was the tacos, but I missed part of the game last nite while a having Colon Blow moment, which was NOT a happy fun time, and, as I like to say, one does get from eating at Denny's.  Skeeball practice tonite, and while I had two totally awesome games, there were about 9 rounds where I ate a faceful of cock, literally and figuratively, so obviously, more practice is in order.  I suspect league play is NOT for a few months, but, much like Kirk Cameron, I don't want to be one Left Behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home