Monday, July 22, 2013

Mishandling

I am shocked, shocked, by the Ryan Braun thing.  Ok, no I am not, and it really IS a good deal for all involved.  The Hebrew Hammer gets the rest of the year, which is like who cares, the Brewers are going nowhere.  Missing 65 games this year is a hell of a lot better than 100 next year.  The Brewers get $4 million or so in salary relief and can play Gindl/whoever else in LF.  Not that he will play in LF next year, but if Aoki gets moved, or they need him elsewhere....you have a frame of offensive reference.  MLB gets a star witness, a star punished (not named A-Rod), and a big stick to threaten everyone else.  Or, in economic terms, the first market mover often fares the best.  *snark*

So, I had to pick something up at Target today, so off I hauled -- after work -- to the one in Mayfield.  They moved everything around, impossible to find shit, but, they had a new food section, which actually looked busy (lot of empty shelves, but they looked recently picked.  Anyways, for ALL of the complaints about Wal-Mart...for a LONG time, they had all of TWO registers open, and to top it off, most of the people in the lines spoke minimal English.  I mean, it felt like the Steelyard Wal-Mart, honestly, which made me laugh, because one can't go 12 minutes without reading an article about the craptitide of Wal-Mart.  But, I had to admit, my Target experience didn't seem that much different.  To be sure, more clerks were added, and everyone I interacted with exceptionally pleasant, but it was...odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home