Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Malls

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/02/senator-ted-cruz-profile-103799.html

I rather liked this, mainly because "Amazing Grace" is one of my favorite movies, as well.  Pretty cool.

http://www.cleveland.com/parma/index.ssf/2014/02/parmatown_future.html#incart_m-rpt-2

I don't know...I remember the Pesho case; her son went to my school, and some of my friends had a connection (WAYYY back in the day) to the murderer.  I think that part of the issue of Parmatown's decline is that they chased away the teenagers and other types who hang around malls, and being teenagers, spend money.  Heck, sometimes even the parents go (not too close, though).  I remember going to Parmatown -- on a Sunday, in my church clothes (which are sketchy, true) -- and getting stopped by cops three times...once in, once out, and once in the middle.  It was incredibly annoying, and I even told one of them I would never come back.  I think it was a decade before I did, and it looked like a ghost town.  I wonder how many teenagers endured worse and said fuck it...and went to Strongsville, where MGK can host a riot and no one seems to know.

It is odd, because South Park is nice, but it is out of the way and sort of a pain to get to; not until a few years ago did they widen 82, so you could be stuck for 45 minutes or so just getting there.  It is still a chore on holidays and weekends, even with highway access and the Howe Road part and the back way by Giant Eagle.  But people go, in spades.  Security has a low presence there, and people just mill and shop and buy.  I wonder if they learned wrong lesson at Parmatown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home