Saturday, March 08, 2014

Adventures

OC today...our parish's turn.  I was in the clothing room -- no one wanted to go, and I do not mind -- and it was fairly...quiet.  We gave away well over 300 garments, and you really could not tell; for one thing, people dropped stuff off all day, for another, we kept going in and finding boxes of clothes.  Even after accounting for two bags of garbage...well, it is good, but bad in that there are prolly 300 MORE bags in clothes in storage everywhere else...including my garage.

The February stats:  385 visits, totaling 1,013 people.  Bad weather, I suspect, kept the crowds down.

In other news, we finally won Pub Quiz, ending our four month drought and earning a victory...small crowd, payout is down, not good, but the win is the win.  Lot of pop culture stuff, didn't know that much, though I was surprised with what I did know.

I saw "The Adventures of Robin Hood" -- the Errol Flynn one from the 30s -- a few days back, and man...I mean, the stunt work and the swordplay was cool, but the movie as a whole seemed dated, for want of a word.  I also think part of the problem is that I know the history and thus it's not some happy Norman/Saxon tale (John wasn't all the bad; Richard, let's face it, barely knew England and really didn't give a shit)...so I didn't think it was all it was supposed to be cracked up to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home