Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Letters

It is my favorite time of year -- March Madness -- and the conference finals are actually engrossing, even if the games are not that close (at times); for a lot of schools, it IS one and done, even with the NIT possibilities.  So it is cool...

Dave Jolly won in FL-13, which is sort of surprising, but, as everyone seems to note, is not that important.  I mean, aside from the morale-boost...I am not sure it means much, except for the fact that the GOP is better at mobilizing its base in the mid-terms, which is nice but lacking for the big show.

I am reading a bio of Hart Crane...I always have liked his work, in some ways -- the anachronisms, his sense of phrase -- and, well, let's just say that there are some things I could do without knowing (including, it appears, the symbolic base of my one of my favorites).  It's interesting; most of what we know about him is recreated from letters, which begs the question....how does one know people now?  I mean, after all, emails are ephemeral, and I doubt that one can do enough interviews and the like to re-create the volume of correspondence...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home