Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Notes

First things first...Team XI won PQ again.  Two  months in a row; the payouts are declining -- a bad sign -- but a win is a win.  And all is well.

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/-4556340951457305835/glen-potter-finds-himself-at-dicks-sporting-goods-the-afternoon-before-their-first-game-first-year-baseball-coach-qa/

This article caught my attention, mainly because...well, I read it and was like, the Diocese really can't be all that hard for money, can it?  (Remember, CCC is owned by the Diocese, unlike the other high schools, run by orders.)  I mean, it is a voucher school, so a good hunk of its revenues are of other people's money.  Next, I went to my copy of the diocesan financial statement.  In FY 2013, the Diocese had net revenues of $13.5 million.  Yes, $10.8 million of that is restricted, but that leaves...well, I would think there is enough cash floating around the Diocese to ensure that the Ironmen of the diamond don't have to pay for cleats, wouldn't you?

Three-fourths of the way through BP2K14; this is good, because I keep taking books out of the library, so I need to start polishing them off as well.  I think three or four days of uninterrupted time should suffice...for a lot of other reasons, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home