Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cut off

Continuing the week of awesome...for the first time in decades, the basement had water.  I guess the heavy rain was a bit much...it was funny, I put some stuff downstairs -- lest the tornado hit, I was taking it with me -- and thankfully, the clouds parted around Chateau Mattie, but when I went down to retrieve said crap...oi.  Actually, it was NOT a lot of water, but it was enough, and I immediately went to work putting every towel I own on the inundation.  Then, while stuff was drying, I emptid the recycle bags of newspaper and put that down; not that it achieved a lot, but it did absorb some.  Finally, I ran another load of wash...and today when I came home I washed and dried everything again.  One small carpet is damp, but a day of dehumidification should do the truck, provided water does not return.  Oi.

I also note that at the end of the nite, just when I watned to sleep... low blood sugar, so I had to snack and stay up some more.  Not a lot of sleep, and then I woke up before the alarm today...so I was dragging.  Heck, I am dragging now, but as I just finished all of the things I wanted to do tonite, there was nothing I could do about it.  Now, of course, I am not tired.  Loverly.

I note that the Tea Party candidate won in Nebraska; I think it is one of those things that is best for all involved; the Tea Party gets a win, while the GOP establishment base can let them have it while saving the big guns for the Mississippi Senate fest.  I do like Jodi Ernst in IA; anyone who can make a move based on castrati hogs...well, color me impressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home