Sunday, April 27, 2014

Caught up

My health is better, if nominally so...some of the "pox" has receded, but a couple of others have taken their place, which I find annoying.  I am also dealing with full sinuses.  A nite of nearly full sleep may help, provided I can get seven in a row, not.

So, went to the parish Chili cookoff last nite...It was nice; you got chili, salad, and cake for $5; they got you on the bar, of course, and there were sideboards and the raffles and such.  They had about 100 people, give or take, so I can see how they could make $1K, give or take.  Most of the chili was just ok...I only tasted a couple that impressed me. 

I don't want to say it, but my predictions of a mediocre Tribe year are spot-on....the inability of Santana to hit worries me, as well as the fact that Francona keeps running him out there in the cleanup role.  The pitching is mediocre, especially the starters; the bullpen hasn't been that bad.  The hitting, though, is what this team will need, because they can't win many games 3-1....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home