Friday, April 11, 2014

Field Trip

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2014/04/10/family-dollar-closing-370-stores-and-lowering-prices-after-revenue-falls-6/

This really doesn't bode well if Family Dollar, for Christ's sake, is in the shitter.

So, today I attended the St. Casimir's fish fry; it is sort of our sister parish, I wanted to check it out, and hell, what do I care.  It's actually not far off the MLK/Cultural Gardens fest -- you can see the place off the main road -- but I really thought, when I got off MLK, I had wandered on to the set of "The Hurt Locker;" there were shells of houses and trash everywhere, and very few people.  At least the parking was convenient.  Ok, there were no people; no one in the neighborhood, anything.  Anyways, I found the place -- it occupies a wide campus -- and went in.  The food wasn't bad -- fried fish, fries, hush puppies, pierogi, dessert -- and the price was ok.  Not a lot of people there... not the crowd of other places, but everything was quick and hot.  I didn't see the church -- not open -- so that was a shame.  It wasn't bad, but I can also see how people wouldn't go there, either.

The Tribe has really sucked a big one lately; the starting pitching has been unpleasant, and the back end of the pen even worse.  The White Sox are not a bad team -- they can hit, and hit bad pitching, I think -- but it is going to be a long year if the Tribe cannot hold people to four runs or better most nites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home