Thursday, May 22, 2014

Personnel Moves

The Tribe....interesting, if nothing else.  I don't know, but the defense is...well, glaringly bad, and you really don't see them doing anything to fix it.  Jesus, even a picture of everyone taking infield for a morning, or something punitive.  In the meantime...the bullpen machinations are fascinating, if a little disconcerting....bringing Axford into a tie game?  Letting Tomlin pitch instead of starting...running Masterson out there on short rest because of the 'pen.  Yes, I am not sure what to say, but...interesting.  At least Chisenhall is hitting...I am glad to see it, given my championing of him.

I finished Max Hastings' Catastrophe:  1914 today.  It is a good read, sort of this generation's Guns of August but a bit more detailed, and of course, he does not quite have Tuchmann's turn of phrase (but who does?).  I finally finished up the Xmas books, and...a month ago, I had ten on the shelf, now...two, with the next one queued up.  It was something of an accomplishment.

This could be me, but I find the internecine GOP primaries to be...well, I would think they could be done civilly, because it is giving the Dems free ammo and wasting resources better spent elsewhere.  I know politics is war, and family feuds are the worst, but I would think Reince and crew should be there to at least keep things from rivaling the Slaughter of the Innocents when it comes to the bloodletting.  For all the talk of bad candidates taking seats...what of the mud slung in May?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home