Monday, June 23, 2014

Biting

I am not sure how it happened, but I have been eaten alive by mosquitos, which is fine -- I am sweet -- aside from the fact that I itch like a motherfucker.  I think I got a couple Saturday while lawn mowing and weed whacking (the electric string trimmer is a LOT easier to use than the gas one) and then rest came yesterday hanging out at Jim's.  It was part of the post-Corpus Christi fest...which was nice.  The procession was also wonderful...very Polonia, if you get my drift.  A little longer, which was interesting. Crowd could be larger, not that what we had wasn't a lot, but...I suspect it is a neighborhood issue, even if the place is crawling with cops (at that time).

I watched all of the game yesterday -- the Euro-style affair did not help -- and while I did not fall asleep, nor was I amused, and worse, JIm and friends gave me the business for knowing "so much" about soccer.  Oi.  As with so many other things, know that I know this...  I do hope Team USA wins, because it is Team USA and not some group of Godless shitty foreigners from a Third World shithole that we should bomb, but...fi we don't, we can all start paying attention to the real sports.

The Tribe really laid an egg this weekend; I am not sure why John Axford still has a job, but I am not an Ivy Leaguer, unlike the Tribe front office.  Both of the first two games were winnable...  I don't know, but Asdrubal is pretty much Swisher, a mistake-hitter who, worse, lights up at the first pitch, and between poor recognition and the long swing...well, seldom does good result.  Thank God he will be gone next year (one hopes).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billfrezza/2014/06/23/the-rise-of-uber-should-have-politicians-regulators-and-crony-capitalists-shaking-with-fear/

It should, but it will not, lest anyone doubt the power of the entrenched state...at each and every level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home