Monday, May 26, 2014

Caught Up

Watched "The Third Man" today.  Yes, I had never seen it...it was quite good (the soundtrack was a little odd) and I can how it was a classic.  Interesting story, and I wasn't sure how it would come together...but it did.

I also read Brittney Griner's autobiography...In My Skin.  Also interesting, albeit not in the way of the film.  I was pretty amused about how 1) she seemed to sell her coach down the river as often as possible (but nicely) and 2) how she didn't know that Baylor, a private Baptist college, was about as LGBT-unfriendly as you could get.  I don't know, that just seems to be an exceptionally foolish thing to do, moreso because women's basketball -- let's face it -- is fairly LGBT-friendly; one doens't have to look far to notice there are a LOT of lesbians floating around there.  And, given her height and talent...well, she could have gone anywhere; choosing Baylor and not knowing what she was getting into is on her.

Of course, if she was that hurt, she could have...left.  I mean, not only would a transfer completely fuck over Bayor, but it would called all the attention in the world on their supposedly reprehensible policies.  Yes, it would have been an extreme step, but...if she was truly unhappy....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home