Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Heads Have Rolled

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/06/with_green_light_for_opportuni.html#incart_river_default

The more I read about this, the less I like it; I mean, I don't really think it will do ANY of what they think it will (aside from putting more space for traffic cameras).  If people want to go to University Circle, they know how to get there.  If they do not...well, they a find a reason not to.  I guess there is some shovel-readiness about building more roadways, and let's face it, it's not like these were bustling spots to begin with, but...

Lonnie baseball...I am glad he did, mainly because I have been a champion of his career since day one.  I seem to think he is hitting because he has stopped trying to pull everything; he shortened his swing, started going the other way, and is now getting hits...so pitchers now have to challenge him inside, and thus...power.  It's funny, given the prevalence of shifting, how Lonnie has benefited -- when so many hitters do not -- by keeping a level approach about things.  Chisenhall still doesn't walk much....but it is ok, I guess.

The shitty defense is NOT ok; you'd think someone would want an auto-de-fe or something and have public displays of infeld, or something.  Odd, very odd.

The Cantor election took everyone by surprise; hell, I was surprised; channel-surfing on a commercial break, and there was Eric Cantor, hors de combat for immigration.  I really think Boehner is pleased, as it removes the main challenge to his rule...gives the Tea Party a scalp, but also one close to the throne.  Cochran has to be a little concerned in Mississippi, as he was not exactly reveling in momentun before...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home