Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Loss

I am little surprised -- but not terribly so -- that McDaniel lost in MS last nite; I don't think he ran the best race, Cochran pulled one out, and even if you didn't like the spectacle that ensued...well, it's legal.  I do wonder, though, what would happen if McDaniel and his supporters simply stayed home on Election Day.  Not saying all of them will, of course -- I don't think anyone wants to see a Dem win the seat -- but on the other hand, they could say "Look, you've done your best demonize us, marginalize, etc... so win the race without us."  It would be close...very close.  Hell, if McDaniel had any brains, he'd run for governor...and his supporters should change the voting rules as well.

I started League of Denial, the book about the NFL and its concussion problem.  It's pretty heart-rending, even for myself, Mr. Assumption of Risk.  I am not quite at the point where they figure out how much damage is being done (I am just reading about the introductory studies on brain damage), so I suspect it will be worse, but...let's face it:  the NFL has a commodity that is highly desirable and profitable, and has a lot of replacements...people will literally do anything for their moment of glory, even if it involves killing themselves.

Speaking of memory loss...I've been having trouble scoring 45 on J! recently, and missing some FJ! answers; to be sure, the categories have not been in the wheelhouse, but, excuses and assholes.  Anyways, last two nights...52 and 50 right, and nailed the final tonite.  Best day ever...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home