Monday, November 17, 2014

Movies

Watched two more movies on the National Film Registry...one was "Oklahoma!" and it was simply awesome...the other was "Saturday Night Fever," which was sort of interesting, if only in a historical way...I think we tend to forget the impact of disco at the time.

So, I am not sure about the Heyward/Miller trade...I mean, the Braves if any team can maximize the value of a pitcher, while the Cards are probably an excellent spot for a young yet experienced OF.  One thing I have not really heard is that...the Cards needed an OF after the tragic (circumstances what they are, of course) death of Tavares...given that maybe there wasn't much out there -- Torii Hunter, for instance -- they might have thought it was better to get a guy they could turn around and maybe sign.  Yes, he has regressed since his rookie year, but...that also means upside, and he isn't that old, either.  He could improve.  As for Miller...I would argue that he would outpitch, say, Harang...and, well, if he improves...so much the better.

OC Board meeting...long, lots to discuss, and some new faces, but...I would have liked a little more brevity, if you get my drift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home