Sunday, January 04, 2015

Deathwish

I'd like to confirm that I am an idiot.  I was making some frozen cod today...I always start by putting some oil in the pan and turning on the gas; I figure a few seconds of heat facilitates cooking.  Of course, there were two filets, so I had unstick them under water...all the while, the oil is heating.  So, when I toss them in my new frying pan...oil and water go all over; well, not too far (it was a gentle toss) but I avoided injury and made a mental note to really clean the stove off.  About 2/3 of the way through, I noted that I had not taken ALL the adhesives (it was a pack of two) from the pans' packaging, and now it was melting on the side of the pan.  The fish was ready by then, so I took everything and put it in the sink...so after cleaning the stovetop off tomorrow, I can go and handle the frying pan.  I guess I should stick to PB&J.

I would also like to note that tonite is Downtown Abbey, so the no-call-zone is in effect.

Slowly trekking through the Bill James Handbook.  I mean, you go through and are like...said player did have a good season, or, boy, he really fell off a cliff, or about the defense...I think one tends to forget these things given the sheer number of games going on (and life that interferes with it), but you do see some interesting things along the way; for instance, lefties were 141/201/250 against Cody Allen, while righties were 250/341/417 against him.  You'd think with the fastball and curveball combo he throws it would not be the case -- the lefties are better at sorting out the curve -- and mind you, lefties had two more PAs against him than righties.  Odd...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home