Sunday, September 20, 2015

Feelings

So, took Mom out to see the sunflower display that is the Prayers for Maria memorial out in Avon; Mom has always said she wanted to go, so I said I would take her...until I told her I would take her.  Anyways, we got there, and as I expected, she loved it...it was very beautiful, but it was also...very depressingly sad; there were all these families and children there, running around, making plans to go to Menchie's and all playing, taking pictures...and here we were, doing this in a place that is designed to honor a little girl who died...I realize I can "Dover Beach" anything, but this was a bit...well, I don't know.  I guess in some ways it is a proper tribute -- life is the antidote to death -- but...yes, I am getting maudlin in my old age.

Anyways, then we had dinner at Bubba Q's -- again didn't want to go til we were there -- and finally home.  The Tribe reached .500 on its playoff quest, Johnny Football won a game, and I measured what I need to do to paint the living room -- two gallons of paint, a mile of tape, a scraper, a roller and brush, pan, etc..  Lovely.  I would rather NOT spend the $200 or so, but it looks like shit, so...off we go.  I spackled the holes in the wall yesterday...most impressive, if I do say so myself.  I think I will take a little time today and move some stuff around...everyone has said the work is worse than the painting itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home