Saturday, September 12, 2015

First World Problems

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/what-makes-a-public-school-public-washington-state-court-finds-charter-schools-unconstitutional/2015/09/08/706975c8-5632-11e5-8bb1-b488d231bba2_story.html?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_headlines

Interesting; not sure how I feel about this, but I suspect that it will push MORE people to private schools.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-mlb-cleveland-indians-historic-defensive-turnaround/

I get a kick out of articles like this, mainly because...well, Jesus fucking Christ, it shouldn't take people a season and a half to figure this out?  Don't they, you know, watch the fucking games?

In the meantime, the OC was busy for a couple of hours today, the rain came, and I left early...109 at the time.  It was a hard and cool rain, and no one wants to sit through it..after errands with Mom, I went and tried to install the digital converter box for my non-HDTV and the cable...it took a while because I misread the cord directions (don't ask) and I couldn't help but wonder at the first world problems we had, but...I got everything right (I think) until I realized I haven't an extension cord to hook it up to the outlet.  So...off to hardware store sometime.

I also noticed -- I don't use the living room, save for watching old films, can you tell -- the paint is cracking by the door, and it is looking rather Slavic Village, so...I have to paint.  Ugh.  I mean, I doubt it is THAT hard, but...this will entail spending money (we know how I feel about that) AND painting the whole room...oi.  More of those first world problems...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home