Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Rendering unto Caesar

Well, that was an impressive Tribe game...to be sure, I find it hard to believe they would have won, but...let's just say that Matt-the-hardass for wanting to trade Aviles -- sick daughter or not -- seems more brilliant now...given my theory that the job of the GM is to prevent the manager from fucking up with the roster he has by giving him the roster he needs.  Like it or not.

Sister came over today to discuss some family affairs and the paint job...just the walls, the ceiling is in good shape.  I need to take some pics to consider the matter at Home Depot or such...she seemed to think I should go away from white (now); into beige or taupe.  I don't know...I sort of like the white.  Unless I go blue or purple (ok, not purple) or black or something.  I need to do it soon, for a variety of reasons.  Alas.

I posted on FB about churches paying property taxes...I think it is an excellent idea, given that it would put some skin in the game and the fact that it would be the progressive congregations that would suffer.  I think the urban Catholic parishes would be ok, provided they had a school; given the push for charters/vouchers, you could just roll the taxes into the bill, paid for by someone else (taxpayers), and it would be basically a liberal scheme.  I think the megachurches would be fine; people like Hagee and Prince and all roll enough dough in that it would hurt, but...more fundraising.  The big losers would be the Pilgrim UCC types and especially the African-American places (some of them do well, and some of them put every relative on the payroll -- and generously); a lot of these places don't have wealthy people to subsidize everyone else, and if no one wants to pay their fair share (imagine that)...well, here come the padlocks.  The Fun Rn has discussed this a couple of times; it would be funny as shit if we/fellow Amuricans would buy one of these places and turn it into something different...the Randian/Hayek reading rooms, the shooting range; hell, we could offer job training and say we are a community center.  I want to put a big Chief Wahoo up, of course.  No one would trespass or protest too closely, given the shooting range, if you get my drift...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home