Friday, September 18, 2015

Links and Catchup

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/18/high-school-player-accused-helmet-bashing-reportedly-says-opponent-cheated-used/?intcmp=hplnws

I am shocked, shocked by this... I mean, one never hears about this from Catholic school kids...*cough, St. Ed's, cough*

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/09/17/the-depressing-difference-in-what-poor-people-and-everyone-else-eats/?tid=trending_strip_1

All I can say is...yes and no.  I've been over this before...but I suspect that the solution is to force people to buy certain items -- fruits and veggies -- and to limit the rest...but the notion that people don't have the time to cook healthy foods or NOT eat crap...well, trust me, that is not completely true.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-09-16/how-healthcare-gov-went-so-so-wrong

As I like to say...it is one thing to be naive at 20ish, but when you get to be my age...well, then you're just plain dumb.

Anyways, finished up the Powell series today; a little anticlimactic, a little down....I will sort of miss it, because at times it was interesting, even though the ending was a little...well, odd.  I've decided to wait a bit before hitting the next fiction book  (Deliverance, awesome) to catch up on the nonfiction pile/knock off some films.  Rah.

The Tribe is back to .500 and in the Wild Card race (snicker); I have to admit, putting a six-spot on Chris Sale was most impressive.  Equally impressive is the fact that they actually put Bauer in the bullpen; I mean. the move has been needed for a while, I just didn't think Terry would have the stones to do it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home