Friday, October 23, 2015

Amusement

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-10-22/police-agencies-fold-in-st-louis-area-as-ticket-blitzes-stop

I find these stories amusing, because -- if you think about it -- the large majority of these towns are run by Democrats, and the party of social justice, the party of promoting minorities...is now nailing minorities and condemning them to lives of debt and injustice.  But, all of those government workers need their salaries, don't they?

Watched "Young Mr. Lincoln" last nite...I liked it -- Zanuck and Fonda -- though it was...well, a high pastiche of treasured Lincoln stories, how he Mrs. Lincoln, early rivalry with Douglas, etc... I was thinking how I haven't seen that many films with Henry Fonda... "Once Upon A Time in the West" is on it, in a plays-against-type role..."Grapes of Wrath" is on it, which is definitely one...but off-hand, I can't recall any others...  I am sure there are, though.  I always seem to put him and Jimmy Stewart together, even though they are completely different, but they both have a certain..well, moral quality about them that put them in certain roles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home