Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Retiring

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/retirement/the-401-k-crisis-is-getting-worse/ar-BBmhbUd?li=AAa0dzB

I don't know; I mean, on the one hand, if you don't want to partake of your own retirement, that is on you...on the other hand, the Obama plan for My IRA is wise, aside from the fact that putting the money in government securities -- when the return on a T-bill is zero -- is pretty dumb.  Splitting the difference -- say, everyone invests in an IRA, you find one -- would be the smartest thing, as it would force people to consider their own retirement...let me assure you, from my experience in social justice, is that nothing works like reality therapy.

I've been putting in 20-30 pages of Thucydides a day...more if possible, just because I need to, and it IS interesting; not only politics and history, but those snippets of culture you don't get elsewhere.  In some ways it is less enjoyable than Herodotus -- a better storyteller -- but more informative.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/rahm-emanuel-reaps-the-whirlwind-of-democratic-rule/2015/10/14/2bad09d2-71d4-11e5-9cbb-790369643cf9_story.html?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_headlines

The Curley effect is fascinating to me; I've downloaded some articles about it, and will blog about it once I fully digest it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home