Monday, September 28, 2015

Flickering Away

Somewhat more amusing (not really) than the whole Tribe wild card thing is the President's contention that by working with the Russians we can solve the problem of Assad/Syria.   Given that Obama didn't solve the problem with the red line declaration...well, now we have even more problems, to say nothing of the fact that the blood of all those Syrians is on his hands...and those of his supporters.

Started Thucydides...you know, I know this is in large part the translation, but I like it; very concise, very Realpolitik.  It is not exactly rapid going, but...we will make some progress and go from there.  One of my coworkers gave me Orwell's Road to Wigan Pier, which I've always wanted to read, but with everything else on the agenda...well, we will make room.

The September OC stats:
501 households, encompassing 218 seniors, 703 adults, and 491 children.  Rah.

Watched "Selma" last nite and "Crisis:  Beyond a Presidential Commitment" today.    Both were interesting and I liked them...guess it has been a fest of civil rights to start the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home