Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Length

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-05/gambling-pays-out-less-for-u-s-states

This could be me, but hasn't anyone heard of the law of diminishing returns?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss/2016/07/05/in-opening-ambitious-noahs-ark-replica-attraction-builder-ken-ham-tempts-a-storm/#16a47b9d152b

All I can say is...I need to see this.

My weekend was...not that good.  I worked far more than I wanted to, had a fight with the family (my delayed bday celebration was canceled, and we know how we feel about bdays), and I went to the Tribe game last night -- which was fun -- but sitting through the rain delay (which they could have played through) was not the best thing (though drunken fans are always exciting).  Salazar lost it quickly last night; sad, because he had pitched fairly well til the 6th.  Good to see Manship get the outs...I mean, for all the complaints about him not doing as well as last year...he's had a good year.

Lost in the glow of Tribe victory is the fact that there are some dumpster fires in the lineup.  Gomes is awful, looks lost, and of course, isn't hitting (can;t swing at everything).  Much as I like Uribe, he looks..well, done; even average plays look a little difficult for him.  He is also not hitting.  Ideally, Brantley will be back soon and he can play LF, Ramirez to third, and Uribe can morph into the Giambi-style elder statesman, but we all know Terry will play him as often as possible.  Joba is gone; I don't think this is a bad thing; his fastball is meh, so he has to rely on the slider to get guys out, but he cannot command the pitch enough...  Chisenhall is hot though; the nice thing is it is just singles...in that the swings are good and compact; he's not getting long or taking hittable strikes.  It is actually pretty impressive, as the power is coming as a result of a good approach, and not just mistakes.

Been down all weekend; the family squawk was mainly fault, and it has left a...deep psychic scar.  I am older enough to realize the pain I cause, but not smart enough to not get...pissy.  I think in consequence I worked my ass off at the gym; I used the 60-lb barbell today (pushed myself) and that might not have been completely wise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home