Friday, July 08, 2016

Solutions

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2016/07/cleveland_indians_vs_new_york_9.html#incart_river_index

The 9th inning yesterday; I wonder...what if Ramirez had bunted (not saying he would have gotten it down, and Napoli could have been dead at 2nd); the next batter up -- Uribe -- singled and then Rajai hit a fly to left; not that deep, but would they have tried it?  Not sure...anyways, one other thing I noted is that Terry and his 13 pitchers means that it is impossible to make a move; he PH for Gimenez with Almonte (ok) and then had to put in Gomes...and that was that.  I know Terry likes his relievers, but given the way the starters have been pitching...I think you can survive with 12.  In the meantime, McAllister is gone (for now) and TJ House is the lefty...oi.

Finished the war econ book last night and moved on to Passan's The Arm, which looks at pitcher injuries -- particularly those involving the UCL, and how no one seems to really know what causes them (aside from perhaps overwork at a young age).  It is interesting -- they describe the surgery in chapter one -- but I suspect the answer is one no one wants to hear...simple attrition; either you make it, or you do not...  I would like if they could "solve" it, but given the variables in play (it's not the Drake Equation, after all) I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home